There are now 293 days until International Beatles Fan Day June 6, 2018!
Add the day to your calendar!
The Beatles arrived in Hamburg, Germany to appear in the Indra Club on this day in 1960.
More Beatles History...
Please Mr. Postman
Across The Universe
Beatles Fan Day in the Classroom
It's also the mission of International Beatles Fan Day to keep the legacy of the Beatles alive by encouraging
the day to be celebrated by kids in classrooms all over the world.
The music of the Beatles is timeless, we know from direct experience of parents with their small kids, that once
little kids hear the Beatles, they love them just as much as their parents. And older kids can learn to appreciate
the Beatles' message of peace and love, and how they so significantly affected today's society and music.
Our goal is to help teachers to come together and share their plans for Beatles Fan Day, and gather information
to help teachers in all grade levels to put together lesson plans about the history and worldwide impact of the
Beatles to be used in their classrooms on June 6.
Areas of Beatles study
- How the Beatles Influenced Music
- In the same way John Lennon was influenced by Elvis, the ground-breaking recordings of the Beatles
urged other musicians of the day to push boundaries even further. Brian Wilson was inspired to create
the Beach Boys masterpiece Pet Sounds after listening to the Beatles' Rubber Soul album, which in turn
inspired Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band.
- How the Beatles Influenced the Music Industry
- The Beatles received comparatively little of the millions made from the sales of Beatles records
and merchandise in their early years. Following their gigantic worldwide success, many artists started getting
improved terms for recording, publishing and merchandizing, thus securing a greater share of the profits generated by their endeavors.
- How the Beatles Influenced Fashion
- Long hair, brightly colored Mod fashion, the Nehru jacket. Would these fashions been as popular without
being seen worn first by the Beatles? Would our hair styles and casual dress today, as compared to how we dressed in the 1950's,
been possible had not the Beatles broken the ice first?
- How the Beatles Influenced Society
- The lyrics of most Beatles songs contained themes of love and friendship, even some with religious themes. While still with the Beatles,
and after their breakup, John Lennon was professing peace and the end of war. Today, Paul McCartney
is a strong advocate of animal rights and vegetarianism.
- The Beatles in the News
- The Beatles made national headlines for more than their music. There were death threats and record burnings in the Southern U.S. after John Lennon
was quoted that the Beatles were bigger than Jesus. Paul McCartney caused a stir when he admitted they used drugs in 1967,
and was arrested for drug possession in Tokyo in 1980.
These are just a few ideas of possible lines of study in the classroom on Beatles Fan Day. More Beatles study guides and
educational material will be posted here soon.
TEACHERS: If you are a teacher, educator or are associated with an educational institution, and you would like to help us
develop our Beatles Fan Day educational program, please